93% would make again
Mamma T’s Peach Cobbler By Freddie
featured in 5 Delectable Dessert Recipes
for 7 servings
- 7 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups sugar (300 g), divided
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk (180 mL)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), plus 1 tablespoon
- Calories 315
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat combine peaches, cornstarch, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ½ cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Raise the heat to medium and cook until thick and bubbly, stirring often.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder to a sieve and sift into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and 1 tablespoon of melted butter and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Grease a 12x8 inch (30x20 cm) (4.8 quart) baking dish with the remaining butter.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the greased baking dish and smooth into an even layer with a spatula.
- Transfer the peaches gently by placing them on top of the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!