95% would make again
Apple Pie Bread Pudding
featured in Impressive Thanksgiving Pies
Cozy up with this dessert that combines the classic flavors of apple pie with the comfort of a bread pudding. It's perfect for chilly nights!
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 6 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup caramel sauce (225 g)
- Calories 554
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 118g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 90g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice the bread into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon, stirring until smooth.
- Add the bread and stir until the bread cubes have evenly absorbed the milk mixture.
- Spread the bread evenly in a 9-inch (23-cm) round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, and cornstarch, mixing until evenly combined.
- Spread the apples evenly on top of the bread.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until edges are brown.
- Cool, slice, then serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!