71% would make again
Baked Brie Bomb
featured in Epic Foods Using Brie Cheese!
Baked Brie is one of life’s greatest pleasures, and this tower triples down on the fun. Stacked with sweet and savory spreads and layers of more stretchy cheese, this tower is the gooiest dish to ever hit your appetizer table. Gather a few cheese-loving friends and dig in!
March 03, 2020
for 6 servings
- 3 wheels brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate preserves
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup pecan (25 g), chopped
- ¼ cup shredded pepper jack cheese (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup shredded monterey jack cheese (25 g)
- 3 oz prosciutto (85 g), sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- baguette, sliced and toasted, for serving
- Calories 426
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the Brie wheels on a cutting board. Spread the pomegranate preserves over 1 wheel of Brie. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the jam.
- Place another wheel of Brie on top of the mozzarella. Spread the honey over the Brie. Top with the pecans, then the shredded pepper Jack.
- Place the last wheel of Brie on top of the pepper Jack. Spread the Dijon mustard on top of the Brie. Top with the shredded Monterey Jack.
- Drape the prosciutto over the Brie so that all sides are covered and the prosciutto overlaps on the top.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 12 x 14-inch (30 x 35 cm) rectangle.
- Place the Brie tower in the center of the puff pastry. Fold the corners of the puff pastry up to the center, brushing each layer with egg wash to secure. Brush the entire tower with egg wash. Cut a few slits in the top of the tower to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer the Brie tower to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the toasted baguette.