95% would make again
Beef & Broccoli Fried Rice
featured in Kid-Friendly Fried Rice 4 Ways
Inspired by foodandwine.com
for 4 servings
- 1 lb flank steak (455 g), sliced into strips
- ¼ cup soy sauce, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ cup onion (75 g)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- pepper, to taste
- sliced scallions, for garnish
- Calories 557
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pour ¼ cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of garlic, the brown sugar, water, and cornstarch over the sliced flank steak. Mix well, then let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a wok or deep skillet, cook the beef and marinade thoroughly, then set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion, remaining tablespoon of garlic, and broccoli until the onion is translucent. Push the cooked vegetables to the side of the pan.
- Beat the eggs and pour into the empty half of the pan. Scramble the eggs and mix with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the rice, remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, remaining tablespoon of sesame oil, pepper, and the cooked beef. Mix well and let the rice cook until slightly crispy.
- Serve garnished with scallions.