Beef Cutlet-Stuffed Garlic Bread
featured in Warm And Cheesy Garlic Breads
This hearty sandwich is made with tender beef cutlets and topped with melty mozzarella cheese, all stuffed inside garlic bread. It's a delicious and filling meal perfect for lunch or dinner.
May 14, 2023
92% would make again
for 3 servings
- ¼ lb top round steak (115 g), flattened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumb (115 g)
- oil, for frying
- 1 baguette
- ½ cup refried black bean (120 g), optional
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ avocado, sliced into 4 strips
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over both sides of the beef.
- Cut the beef into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) strips.
- Dredge the beef in the egg, then roll it in the bread crumbs, pressing as many bread crumbs into the beef as possible. Repeat with the remaining strips of beef.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Pan fry the breaded beef strips until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain.
- Cut the baguette into 4-inch (10 cm) long pieces.
- Hollow out the insides of each baguette piece.
- Spread the beans evenly inside the baguette pieces (optional).
- Place one mozzarella slice on top of the other with a 1-inch (2 ½ cm) overlap.
- Put the breaded beef strip in the middle, then top with a slice of avocado.
- Wrap the cheese tightly around the beef and avocado, then push it inside the hollowed out baguette piece.
- Slice the stuffed baguette piece into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) slices.
- Place the baguette slices side by side on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Mix the butter with the garlic, parsley, and parmesan.
- Brush the garlic butter mixture evenly on top of the baguette slices.
- Wrap the foil around the bread, then bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and the garlic on top is golden brown.
- Nutrition Calories: 2567 Fat: 223 grams Carbs: 103 grams Fiber: 8 grams Sugars: 9 grams Protein: 44 grams
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.