Buffalo Chicken Football Hand Pies
Score a touchdown with these savory and spicy buffalo chicken football hand pies, packed with flavorful buffalo chicken and creamy blue cheese. Perfect for game day or any party, these hand pies will have your guests cheering for more!
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 24 servings
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken (225 g), cooked, shredded
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 1 cup green onion (150 g), sliced
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce (215 g)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (20 g), plus more for serving
- 4 premade pie crusts, 9 inch (23 cm) each, thawed if frozen
- egg wash, for brushing
- Calories 188
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat to oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese, green onions, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing.
- Roll out the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface to about ¼-inch (6 mm) thick.
- Using a paring knife, cut thin strips to resemble football laces. Then, cut out small football shapes from the remaining dough. Reroll any excess dough and cut out more shapes. You should have about 48 footballs total.
- Transfer 24 football shapes to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chicken filling into the center of each football, leaving about a ½-inch (1 cm) border around the edges.
- Brush the edges with egg wash and place another football on top, pressing the edges with your finger. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal.
- Arrange the lace cutouts on top of the footballs. Brush more egg wash over the tops.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with ranch dressing, if desired.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.