for 9 puffs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten with a splash of water
- 9 tablespoons Private Selection® Italian Shredded Cheese
- 9 slices Private Selection™ Old World Prosciutto
- 7 fresh basils, torn
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet if needed to a 9-inch square, then cut into 9 3-inch squares and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Use a paring knife to lightly score a ½-inch border around the edges of each square, making sure not to cut all the way through. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg yolk and water mixture over the borders of each square.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of Private Selection® Italian Shredded Cheese in the center of each pastry square.
- Bake the squares for 15–17 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Gently fold the Private Selection™ Old World Prosciutto slices into loose coils and place atop the cheese on each square. Garnish the prosciutto bites with torn basil just before serving.