Under 30 minutes
for 9 puffs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten witha splash of water
- 9 tablespoons Private Selection® Aged Cheddar Blend Thick Cut Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced (about 1 tablespoon)
- flaky sea salt, for garnish
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet if needed to a 9-inch square, then cut into 9 3-inch squares and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Use a paring knife to lightly score a ½-inch border around the edges of each square, making sure not to cut all the way through. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg yolk and water mixture over the borders of each square.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of Private Selection® Aged Cheddar in the center of each square, then fan out 3–4 slices of apple and place on top. Sprinkle a bit of sage over the apples, followed by another pinch of Private Selection® Aged Cheddar and a small pinch of flaky salt.
- Bake the squares for 15–17 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.