95% would make again
Cheesy Pesto Twists
featured in Easy-To-Make Pesto Recipes
These delicious and savory twists are perfect for a quick and easy snack! Made with store-bought crescent dough, these twists are loaded with cheesy pesto goodness and are ready in under 30 minutes.
May 15, 2023
for 6 servings
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 6 oz fresh pesto (170 g)
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese (150 g), grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (50 g)
- Calories 725
- Fat 54g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180°C).
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and spread the pesto evenly over it, leaving a small amount of room at the edges. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and place another sheet of puff pastry on top, making a sandwich.
- Cut into thin strips with a sharp knife. Grab both ends of each strip, press down firmly to seal the edges and twist.
- Transfer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, and brush with beaten egg. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.