92% would make again
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups
featured in Chicken Lettuce Cups 4 Ways
Inspired by skinnytaste.com
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorn
- ½ medium white onion, halved
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, divided, 4 whole and 1 minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water (1.4 L)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup hot sauce (195 g)
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing (125 g)
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 417
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place chicken breasts, 2 teaspoons of salt, peppercorns, onion quarters, garlic cloves, bay leaves, and water in a large pot.
- Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once the water is simmering, cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken registers 165°F (74°C) when pierced with an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and reserve at least ½ cup (120 ml) of the cooking liquid to use as chicken broth . Using 2 forks, pull the chicken apart until shredded.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the diced onion, diced celery, and a pinch of salt. Sauté until the vegetables have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the hot sauce and chicken broth. Stir until the liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the chicken cool for 5 minutes before spooning into the lettuce leaves.
- Top with shredded carrots, sliced celery, and bleu cheese dressing.