98% would make again
Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
This easy and flavorful stir fry is loaded with tender chicken, crunchy cashews, and plenty of veggies. It's the perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ lb chicken breast (340 g), cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups broccoli floret (600 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch (2 1/2 cm) pieces
- ¾ cup raw cashew (95 g)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- brown rice, to serve
- Calories 377
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and cornstarch.
- Heat a 9.5" fry pan over medium-high heat and add sesame oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken begins to brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the broccoli and bell peppers, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cashews and sauce. Stir together and allow sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve over brown rice.