66% would make again
Cauliflower & Chickpea Burgers
featured in 4 Ways To Spice Up Your Boring Veggie Burger
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained, rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (15 g), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Calories 229
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place a towel over a large bowl. Using a box grater, grate the head of cauliflower down to the stem over the bowl. Add the salt to the cauliflower, mix it in, and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, use the towel to wring out the excess water from the cauliflower and return it to the bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, garlic, cilantro, and spices to the cauliflower. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Take a quarter of the mixture and shape it into a patty using your hands. Repeat with the remaining mixture to create four patties.
- Take the patties and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place patties on buns, and top with hummus, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.