Cheddar-Chive Hash Browns
featured in Eggs Benedict Brunch for Two
Looking for a versatile side dish? These crispy and cheesy hash browns are loaded with fresh chives and sharp cheddar cheese.
May 04, 2023
89% would make again
for 2 servings
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup butter (55 mL), melted
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chives (10 g), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Calories 605
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C) degrees.
- Peel and grate the potatoes, and soak them in ice water. Squeeze out excess water and place potatoes in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- On a nonstick pan, form patties of the potato mixture with your hands.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.