94% would make again
Ultimate Sweet Potato Fries
featured in How To Cook Perfect Potatoes
Inspired by foodiewithfamily.com
for 4 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- Calories 185
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the sweet potatoes on a cutting board.
- Trim the ends of the potatoes and cut into ½-inch (1 cm) thick matchsticks.
- Add the cut potatoes to a large bowl of water and soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Thoroughly dry the sweet potato matchsticks with paper towels.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch, tossing until fully coated.
- Drizzle the grapeseed oil over the potatoes, add the paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Use a spatula to turn the sweet potato fries over.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door open, then let the sweet potatoes rest in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Season the fries with salt.