Ultimate Sweet Potato Fries
These crispy and delicious sweet potato fries are the ultimate snack or side dish. Perfectly seasoned with garlic and herbs, they are baked to golden perfection and make for a healthier alternative to traditional fries.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
- Calories 157
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then trim the ends and cut into ½-inch- (1-cm) thick matchsticks. Add the cut potatoes to a large bowl of water and soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with nonstick spray.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, and rinse with cold water. Thoroughly dry the sweet potato matchsticks with paper towels.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and sprinkle with the cornstarch, tossing until fully coated.
- Drizzle the grapeseed oil over the potatoes, then add the paprika, garlic powder, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Use a spatula to turn the sweet potato fries over, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door open, then let the sweet potatoes rest in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Season the fries with salt.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.