93% would make again
Cheesy Eggplant Pizza
featured in Eggplant Dinners 4 Ways
for 5 servings
- 1 large globe eggplant
- salt, to taste
- olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Calories 463
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the eggplant into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces.
- Salt the slices and leave them to “sweat” for 20 minutes then wipe them off.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Slather each slice with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all pizza sauce ingredients and stir until homogenous.
- Remove eggplant slices from the oven and pour about 2 tablespoons of the sauce mixture onto each one.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar on each slice.
- Put the slices back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Allow to cool before serving.