99% would make again
Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
featured in Quesadillas 4 Ways
for 2 quesadillas
- ½ lb chicken breast (225 g), cut into thin strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup bell pepper (50 g), green, red, or yellow peppers, julienned
- ½ cup white onion (75 g), julienned
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g), double for 2 quesadillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (100 g), double for 2 quesadillas
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- pico de gallo, or salsa
- Calories 827
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 66g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large skillet, coat chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and garlic powder. Cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until they are soft. Remove chicken, onions and peppers from the pan and set aside.
- Place the tortilla in the skillet and add a layer of cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Add cooked chicken, peppers and onions. Top with more cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook for 6 minutes over medium heat, flipping half way.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream on the side.