Double-Decker Potato Tacos
Get ready to go crazy over these loaded potato tacos! With crispy fried potatoes, melty pepper jack, and all your favorite toppings, these tacos are the perfect combo of crunchy, spicy, and satisfying.
for 16 tacos
- 2 lb fingerling potato (900 g), or small Yukon Gold Potatoes, cooked with skin on
- ¾ cup butter (170 g), 1 1/2 sticks, melted
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL), warmed
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 16 flour tortillas, 6-inch
- pepper jack cheese, shredded, to taste
- 16 fried corn taco shells
- lime juice
- pico de gallo, carrot
- Calories 351
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and simmer until tender, about 20–25 minutes.
- Warm the chopped garlic in the butter over low heat until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Coarsely mash the potato mixture and fold in the warm garlic mixture while the potatoes are still warm.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Keep warm.
- Make the double-decker taco shell: on a griddle over low heat, sprinkle a tortilla with about 2 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese. Once the cheese melts, place the fried corn taco shell on the cheesy tortilla and press the tortillas together to create the double decker taco.
- Mix the warm potatoes with lime juice and place in the double decker taco. Top with 2–3 tablespoons of Carrot Pico de Gallo.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.