Chili Dog Bread Ring
Get ready to dig into this mouthwatering Chili Dog Bread Ring, perfect for your next game day gathering! This fun and flavorful twist on a classic chili dog will have everyone reaching for seconds.
for 8 servings
- 12 hot dogs
- 2 packages crescent roll dough
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce (130 g)
- ½ cup ketchup (120 g)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- ¼ cup green onion (25 g), finely sliced
- cast iron pan, 10 inch (25 cm)
- Calories 557
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Cut hot dogs into thirds.
- Cut crescent roll triangles in half lengthwise so you have roughly 1-inch (2 ½ cm) by 5-inch (13 cm) triangle slices.
- Roll crescent dough around hot dog thirds, starting with the wider end of the dough closest to the hot dogs, making “pigs in blankets.”
- Arrange pigs in blankets around a 10-inch (25 cm) skillet in two tight circles, leaving a hole in the center of the skillet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until dough puffs up and becomes golden.
- In another large skillet, sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the onions, then season with salt and pepper. Continue stirring ground beef until mostly cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, cumin, chili powder, and sugar to the ground beef and onions. Stir until everything is well mixed. Simmer 10 minutes.
- When chili and the pigs-in-blankets skillet are both ready, spoon chili to fill the hole in center of the skillet. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is well melted.
- Top with diced green onion and serve.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.