97% would make again
Chili Mac 'n' Cheese
featured in 25 Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef (455 g)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomato (400 g)
- 7 oz kidney bean (200 g)
- 7 oz black beans (200 g), half of a can
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth (840 mL)
- 10 oz cavatappi pasta (285 g), or any other pasta
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese (300 g), shredded
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Calories 1670
- Fat 92g
- Carbs 134g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 69g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, cook ground beef and onions over medium high heat until browned.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional two to three minutes. Carefully drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, chili powder, cumin, seasoned salt, and chicken broth. Stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and cook according to package instructions.
- Stir in the cheese, and cook for an additional five minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.