97% would make again
Chili Mac 'n' Cheese
featured in 25 Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes
A comforting and hearty dish that combines two classic favorites into one, with pasta, ground beef, cheese, and a spicy chili sauce.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef (455 g)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomato (400 g)
- 7 oz canned kidney beans (200 g), drained
- 7 oz canned black beans (200 g), drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth (840 mL)
- 10 oz cavatappi pasta (285 g), or any other pasta
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (300 g)
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Calories 1670
- Fat 92g
- Carbs 134g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 69g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef and onions, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes, until fragrant. Carefully drain any excess fat from the pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, chili powder, cumin, seasoned salt, and chicken broth. Stir, then bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until tender.
- Stir in the cheese, then cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.