97% would make again
Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
featured in 12 Comfort Foods To Suit Every Mood
This homemade version of the take-out classic is made with just seven ingredients and all in one pan. It comes together in no time at all, is super flexible, and 100% budget-friendly. Don’t like chicken? Just swap it out for your favorite protein and create the fried rice of your dreams. With a recipe this easy, who needs take-out?
for 2 servings
- ½ cup oil (100 mL)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (200 g), sliced
- 1 ¾ cups rice (400 g), cooked
- 5 oz mixed vegetable (150 g)
- ¼ cup light soy sauce (50 mL)
- 1 oz spring onion (30 g)
- Calories 1021
- Fat 69g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 56g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add the oil then stir in eggs and fry until just cooked. Once cooked, remove eggs from the wok and set aside.
- Heat up the wok until smoking hot and pour in the oil.
- Add the chicken breast and fry until they are just cooked.
- Add the rice and keep frying until they turn slightly brown.
- Add the vegetables and fry everything together until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the cooked eggs back in and toss them around until they break into pieces.
- Add in the spring onions and serve.