Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cobbler
featured in Easy Skillet Cobbler 4 Ways
This cobbler is the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover. The rich, gooey chocolate filling is paired with sweet cherries and baked until golden brown, creating the perfect combination of flavors.
May 04, 2023
89% would make again
for 8 servings
- 4 cups fresh pitted cherry (900 g), or frozen pitted cherry
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter (110 g), cut into slices
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, add the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix to combine and stir for 5-10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle the box cake mix over the cherry filling.
- Distribute the butter evenly over the top to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.