97% would make again
Apple Cinnamon Skillet Cobbler
featured in Easy Skillet Cobbler 4 Ways
This cobbler is the perfect dessert for fall. The warm, gooey apple cinnamon filling is baked until golden brown and is the perfect comfort food for any chilly evening.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 4 cups apple (470 g), chopped
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecan (125 g)
- ½ cup butter (115 g), cut into slices
- Calories 373
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, add the apples, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, spices, and salt.
- Mix to combine and stir for 5-10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle the box cake mix over the apple filling.
- Add the nuts and evenly distribute the sliced butter over the top to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.