93% would make again
Chocolate Peanut Butter 'Box' Cupcakes
featured in Box Cupcakes 4 Ways
for 12 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 18 chocolate peanut butter cups
- 1 cup vanilla frosting (115 g)
- ¾ cup peanut butter (180 g)
- Calories 477
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 42g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among a lined muffin tin, filling halfway.
- Place a peanut butter cup in each, then top with remaining batter, filling about ¾ of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter and vanilla frosting, stirring until smooth.
- Then halve the remaining peanut butter cups.
- Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake, then top with the peanut butter cup halves.