78% would make again
Chocolate Peppermint Squares
featured in Peppermint Treats For A Sweet Holiday
for 36 squares
- 10 sheets graham cracker
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut oil (120 g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 oz dark chocolate (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Calories 81
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place graham crackers in a gallon-sized re-sealable plastic bag. Crush crackers with rolling pin until fine in texture.
- In a bowl, combine crushed graham cracker with melted butter and mix well.
- Line a 9×9 inch (23x23 cm) pan with parchment paper. Fill pan with graham cracker crumbs and pat down to create one even, compressed crust. Place in freezer.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients for peppermint cream with hand mixer until a thick, uniform cream is formed.
- Remove pan from freezer and layer the peppermint cream on crust in one even layer. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer and cut the sheet sheet of peppermint cream and graham cracker into 36 squares (i.e. 6 lengthwise cuts and 6 crosswise cuts). Place squares on a metal cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil (the exact amount of coconut oil needed may vary based on the chocolate used). Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Top squares with melted chocolate.
- Chill squares in fridge or freezer until ready to eat.