Dairy-Free Avocado Key Lime Pie
Experience the tangy delight of this Dairy-Free Avocado Key Lime Pie, a refreshing twist on a classic dessert. With its creamy avocado filling and crunchy almond crust, you'll be transported to a tropical paradise with every bite.
for 8 servings
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 cup almond (140 g)
- ½ cup cashews (65 g)
- 1 cup pitted dates (170 g)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (25 g), plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¾ cup coconut butter (165 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 key lime, zested
- 1 cup key lime juice (240 mL)
- ½ cup maple syrup (170 g)
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Calories 557
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) tart pan generously with coconut oil.
- Add the almonds, cashews, dates, coconut, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt to a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground and the crust starts to clump together.
- Transfer the crust to the tart pan and use your hands to press it into an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- Add the avocados, coconut butter, cornstarch, key lime zest, key lime juice, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread into an even layer. Garnish with shredded coconut, if desired.
- Chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight, until the filling has fully set.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.