98% would make again
featured in 12 Easy & Healthy One-Pot Recipes
Get ready to unleash your taste buds on a journey to the bayou with this easy jambalaya recipe. With a symphony of Cajun spices, juicy chicken and spicy sausage, every bite is a flavor explosion that'll have you tapping your toes.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 lb andouille sausage (455 g), sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3 cups chicken stock (720 mL)
- 14 oz tomato (395 g), crushed
- 1 ½ cups rice (300 g)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shrimp (455 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1371
- Fat 84g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 64g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add diced chicken breasts and Andouille sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook thoroughly.
- Add crushed garlic and a diced jalapeño pepper.
- NOTE: Leave the jalapeño seeds in for extra spice
- Stir in diced onion, peppers, celery until they’re soft.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, rice, cajun seasoning, bay leaf, dried thyme, cayenne pepper and stir.
- Cover and simmer stew for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: Stir occasionally to make sure the rice doesn’t burn at the bottom of the pan.
- Once the rice is cooked, add in shrimp, season with salt and pepper, then continue simmering until the shrimp are cooked through.