91% would make again
Fall Harvest Salad
featured in 5 Fresh Fall Recipes To Try This Season
This salad is full of all of your favorite fall flavors and colors, brought together with a delicious maple cider Dijon dressing. Wait to dress the salad until you are ready to serve so everything stays crisp!
for 6 servings
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaf
- 1 small head radicchio
- 1 bosc pear
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (160 g)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (30 g)
- ½ cup pecan (60 g), toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese (60 g)
Maple Cider Dressing
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (85 g)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Calories 273
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Trim the ends off the squash, then cut in half. Scoop out the seeds, then slice into ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) cubes.
- Spread the squash on a baking sheet, then add the olive oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and thyme and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the salad: Cut the head of radicchio in half, remove the core, then thinly slice.
- Cut the pear in half, scoop out the core, then thinly slice.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and mustard. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue whisking until emulsified. Whisk in the salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the radicchio, spinach, pear, dried cranberries, and cooled roasted squash. Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Divide the salad between serving plates, then top with the chopped toasted pecans and crumbled blue cheese. Serve immediately with the remaining dressing alongside.