90% would make again
Freezer Prep Hearty Veggie Soup
featured in 4 Freezer Prep Slow-Cooker Dinner Packs
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 carrots, thick slices
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ white onion
- 2 cups bean (340 g), of choice
- 2 cups water (480 mL), or veggie broth, needed at time of cooking
- 1 cup tomato sauce (260 g)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 183
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper in small bowl or measuring cup.
- In a large, gallon-sized freezer bag, add in tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, celery, white onion, and beans of choice. Pour the tomato sauce mixture over beans and vegetables.
- Seal freezer bag and ensure excess air is squeezed out.
- Place in freezer and store up to 3 months.
- When ready to enjoy, thaw completely and pour contents into slow cooker. Add water or veggie broth.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours, or until carrots are tender.