85% would make again
Freezer Prep Chicken Fajitas
featured in 4 Freezer Prep Slow-Cooker Dinner Packs
Juicy and flavorful chicken strips marinated in spices and sautéed with onions and bell peppers. This freezer-friendly recipe makes meal prep a breeze for busy weeknights.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 254
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in small bowl or measuring cup.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large, gallon-sized freezer bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Add red onion and bell peppers to freezer bag. Seal freezer bag and ensure excess air is squeezed out. Gently mix contents together so that the marinade fully coats the chicken.
- Place in freezer and store up to 3 months.
- When ready to enjoy, thaw completely and pour contents into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked.