75% would make again
Ham And Cheese Waffles
featured in Spiral Ham 3-Ways
for 4 waffles
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour (155 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup Sam's Choice® Premium Spiral-Cut Ham (65 g), finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups gruyère cheese (150 g), divided, loosely packed, finely shredded
- 3 large eggs, yolks, and whites separated
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk (360 mL)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- maple syrup
- ½ cup Sam's Choice® Premium Spiral-Cut Ham (65 g), chopped
- Calories 506
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat an 8-inch waffle iron to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the finely chopped ham and 1 cup (100 G) shredded Gruyère, and toss to coat.
- Add the egg yolks, buttermilk, and vegetable oil, and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg whites to a medium bowl and whip with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form, 3–4 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until incorporated.
- Grease the preheated waffle iron with nonstick spray, then pour a heaping ⅔ cup of batter into the iron, smoothing with a spatula to cover the iron evenly. Sprinkle the top with 2 tablespoons of shredded Gruyère cheese. Close the lid and cook for 7 minutes, or until the waffle is cooked through and golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter and cheese.
- Top each waffle with a pat of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of chopped ham, then serve.