82% would make again
High-Protein Gingerbread Pancakes
featured in 10 Pancake Stacks You Won't Be Able To Resist
for 8 pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese (225 g)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat flour (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- oil, of choice, for greasing the skilled
- whipped cream, for serving
- orange, segments, for serving
- syrup, sweetener of choice, for serving
- Calories 151
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, molasses, honey, vanilla, oat flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and fold in the chia seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until bubbles start to form and the edges become golden brown. Flip and cook for 3 minutes more, until golden brown on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes with whipped cream, orange segments, and your sweetener of choice.