Holiday Hash Brown Waffles
Get ready to level up your breakfast game with these scrumptious Holiday Hash Brown Waffles! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these waffles are the perfect way to start your festive mornings.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 waffles
Hash Brown Waffles
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 4 cups Ore-Ida™ Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes (620 g), slightly thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup breakfast sausage (75 g), cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, plus more for garnish
Cranberry Maple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (140 g)
- 1 ½ cups maple syrup (505 g)
- Calories 323
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the hash brown waffles: Heat a waffle iron to medium-high and grease with nonstick spray.
- Add the Ore-Ida™ Shredded Hash Browns, eggs, flour, salt, baking powder, melted butter, shredded cheese, sausage, and chives to a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Working in batches, scoop the waffle mixture into the preheated waffle iron and cook for 5–7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- While the waffles cook, make the cranberry maple syrup: Add the cranberries and syrup to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes, or until the cranberries burst. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Transfer the waffles to plate, pour the cranberry maple syrup on top, and garnish with more chives. Serve immediately.