94% would make again
Jack O' Lantern Chips And Dip
featured in 5 Spooky Recipes for Halloween
Queso and guacamole are a party favorite for a reason. These two powerhouse dips come together in a festive Halloween spread featuring a mini Jack-o'-laterns as the queso vessel.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup red onion (40 g), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove scallion clove, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (200 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 oz mild green chillis (115 g), 1 can, with juice
Pumpkin Serving Dish
- 1 pumpkin, whole
- Calories 517
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- For the guacamole: Mash avocados with the lime juice. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- For the queso: In a pot over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. butter and sauté scallions. Add cheese, milk and cornstarch, and mix until melted and smooth. Add green chiles and mix until combined.
- Serving: Draw eyes and carve a sad mouth on a small pumpkin. Hollow out the inside and insert a bowl. Pour queso in the bowl and top with chopped tomatoes. Spoon guacamole coming out of the pumpkin’s mouth. Serve with chips!
- Spoon guacamole coming out of the pumpkin’s mouth. Serve with chips!