92% would make again
Loaded Potato and Cheese Sticks
featured in 6 Crispy Snacks To Make For Friends
for 24 sticks
- 3 russet potatoes, cooked and cubed
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- ¼ cup green onion (25 g), diced
- ¼ cup bacon (55 g), diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 block cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- oil, for frying
- salt, to season
- panko breadcrumb
- Calories 65
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked potatoes, sour cream, green onions, bacon, salt, and pepper.
- Mash the ingredients together until most of the potatoes are mashed. (Some chunks are good!)
- Cut cheese into ¼-inch (6 ½ mm) strips. Take a spoonful of potatoes and make a ball.
- Place the cheese strip in the middle and wrap the potato around the cheese until it is evenly covered.
- Dredge the sticks in flour, egg, and panko.
- Option 1 - If you're going to bake, Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Option 1 - To Bake: Transfer dredged sticks onto baking sheet and drizzle olive oil and salt. Option 2 - Fry in oil that is heated at 350°F (180°C) for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Option 1 - Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted in the middle and the outside is a light golden brown.
- Option 2 - Transfer from oil to drying rack and season with salt.
- Let it cool for a few minutes as they will be HOT.