96% would make again
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
featured in Wholesome Sweet Potato Recipes
Upgrade your nacho game with these loaded sweet potato nachos that are both sweet and savory. Topped with black beans, avocado, and cheese, they're a healthier twist on a classic favorite.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes, small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups black beans (340 g)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, optional
- ½ cup low-fat cheese (55 g)
- ½ avocado
- pico de gallo, optional
- green onion, for garnish
- Calories 741
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 90g
- Fiber 22g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 47g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Evenly slice sweet potatoes into rounds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss rounds with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper until well-coated.
- Lay rounds flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- On a second parchment-lined baking sheet, season chicken breast with olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste. Wrap the parchment around the chicken, folding at the edges.
- Bake the sweet potatoes and the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Allow both to cool. Then, shred the chicken using two forks.
- Line the bottom of a medium-sized skillet with the sweet potato rounds. Top with shredded chicken, black beans, jalapeño if desired, and cheese. Broil for 5-10 minutes or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado, pico de gallo, and green onion, if desired. Serve immediately.