88% would make again
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Cheesy Breadsticks
featured in Low-Carb Gluten-Free Cheese Bread
Inspired by howtothisandthat.com
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (150 g), divided
- 2 oz cream cheese (55 g)
- ⅓ cup almond flour (35 g), or coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- Calories 250
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Melt ¾ cup (75 g) mozzarella and cream cheese together in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds, or until fully melted.
- Combine almond (or coconut) flour, baking powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and egg. Mix well, then stir in the melted mozzarella until fully incorporated. Shape into a ball, cover, and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Dust a cutting board with a handful of almond (or coconut) flour. Cut dough into 4 even pieces and roll each piece into a log shape about 6 inches (15 cm) long. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella on top and a pinch of Italian seasoning on each breadstick. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.