94% would make again
Meat Sauce Low-carb Broccoli Parmesan Cups
featured in Low-Carb Broccoli Parmesan Cups
for 12 servings
- 2 cups broccoli floret (300 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g), divided, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 lb sausage (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 24 oz tomato sauce (680 g), 1 jar, divided
- 6 oz tomato paste (170 g), 1 can
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- Calories 356
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a food processor add the broccoli, 1 cup (110g) of Parmesan, 1 clove of garlic, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pulse until mixture forms a dough like texture, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the broccoli mixture and press into a well greased muffin tin. Form the mixture into a cup, making the bottom and sides ½-inches (1 cm) thick.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the edges are golden and crispy and the bottom is firm.
- Cool the broccoli cups. Once cooled, remove from the muffin tin.
- Heat the oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, and stir until browned.
- Add the sausage, breaking it apart with a spoon, and stir until browned.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons of the basil, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce and the tomato paste. Continue stirring until the meat sauce is bubbling. Reduce heat to low, and cover the pot, simmering for 45 minutes.
- Place about a ¼ cup (65 g) of the ragu in the broccoli Parmesan cups. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with the rest of the basil.
- Broccoli Parmesan Cups can be stored up to 3 days and can be reheated in the oven.