Mini Sweet Potato Pies
These adorable little pies are a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering. The sweet potato filling is flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg, and the mini size makes them easy to serve and share.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (400 g)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar (55 g)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 5 oz pie crust (140 g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 241
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 30g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, salt, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Roll out the pie crust. Spread the butter over the crust. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the pie crust.
- Using a cup or a cookie cutter, cut 4-inch (10 cm) circles from the pie crust.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the sweet potato mixture onto half of the cut-out dough circles.
- Place the remaining dough circles over the filling, pressing the edges down with a fork to seal. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Dust the pies with powdered sugar.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.