97% would make again
One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
featured in Noodle Recipes For Each Day Of The Week
Recipe by iwashyoudry.com
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz white button mushroom (225 g), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup dry sherry (60 mL)
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth (945 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups dry egg noodle (400 g)
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 1250
- Fat 44g
- Carbs 143g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 48g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add olive to a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the butter. Add the onion, ground beef, and garlic powder. Stir until the meat is browned, breaking it up as you stir.
- Drain any excess fat and return the pan to the stove.
- Add the flour and paprika. Stir until thick, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sherry, and stir, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the beef broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the egg noodles, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Stir often, until the noodles are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the sour cream and stir. Top with chopped parsley.