One Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
featured in Noodle Recipes For Each Day Of The Week
This quick and easy stroganoff recipe features ground beef, mushrooms, and egg noodles all cooked in one skillet and topped with sour cream.
May 14, 2023
96% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz white button mushroom (225 g), sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup dry sherry (60 mL)
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth (945 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups dried egg noodles (400 g)
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Calories 992
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 95g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the same pan. Add the onion, ground beef, and garlic powder. Cooking until the meat is browned, stirring to break up into small pieces. Drain any excess fat, then return the pan to the stove.
- Add the flour and paprika. Stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sherry, and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the egg noodles, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring often, until the noodles are tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the sour cream and stir. Top with the parsley.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here