Pineapple Cachaça Cocktail
Cachaça is a brazilian distilled spirit that translates to “sugarcane liquor” from Portuguese. Not to be mistaken with a mojito highball, this cachaça cocktail brings you the freshness of muddled mint leaves and the vibrant tropical flavor of the grilled pineapple garnish.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- ½ cup cold water (120 mL)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (105 g)
- 1 medium pineapple, skin removed cut into 1/2 in (1 1/4 cm) rounds
- 1 cup fresh mint leaf (40 g), loosely packed
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (120 mL), plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 cups cachaca (960 mL)
- 2 cups pineapple juice (480 mL)
- 8 cups ice (1.1 kg)
- Calories 101
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the brown sugar simple syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cold water and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer, then cook until the sugar is dissolved, 5–7 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and let the syrup cool completely.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, grill each slice of pineapple for 2–3 minutes per side, until beginning to caramelize and grill marks appear. Let cool. Once cooled, cut each round into 6 wedges.
- While the pineapple cools, make the cocktail: In a tall glass, muddle the mint leaves and lime juice.
- In a large punch bowl, combine the cachaça, pineapple juice, and brown sugar simple syrup. Mix in the muddled mint leaves and lime juice.
- Immediately before serving, stir in the ice and grilled pineapple wedges, reserving some for garnishing the glasses.
- To serve, pour into glasses and garnish with grilled pineapple wedges.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.