97% would make again
Pork Chops And Creamy Spinach
featured in Yummy Recipes To Include Spinach In Your Diet
Juicy pork chops are pan-seared to perfection and served with a creamy spinach sauce. The spinach is cooked with garlic, cream, and parmesan cheese for a decadent side dish.
May 15, 2023
for 5 servings
- olive oil, to taste
- ¼ cup onion (38 g), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 oz spinach (198 g), washed
- 6 oz cream cheese (170 g), cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 5 thick-cut pork chops
- mashed potato, for serving
- Calories 578
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cool until wilted.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- Make a slit on the side of each pork chop to make a pocket, but do not cut all the way through.
- Fill the pork chops with the spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear the pork chops until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake the pork chops for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve the pork chops with mashed potatoes.