Pumpkin Pie Cones
If you like pumpkin pie, you'll go crazy for these delicious cones! Made with a crisp, flaky crust and filled with creamy pumpkin pie filling, these treats are the perfect way to enjoy your favorite fall flavors on the go.
for 12 large cones
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 cup evaporated milk (240 mL)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 packages puff pastry
- cooking spray
- aluminum foil
- Calories 316
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Shape squares of aluminum foil into cones by placing a finger in the center of the square, and folding up all the sides around it. You may use another square to wrap the cone up to create a smooth surface. Spray each cone well, and place on a baking sheet.
- Slice the puff pastry into one-inch (2 cm) strips, and brush them with a little water to make them sticky.
- Carefully coil the dough around each cone. Pinch off the tip to seal them.
- Bake at 400˚F (204˚C) for 15 minutes, or until the dough begins to tan, and the cone holds it’s shape.
- While cones are baking, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, evaporated milk, salt, pumpkin sauce, and eggs together.
- Remove the foil, and place the cones upright in a small glass, or a popover pan.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to fill the cones with pumpkin filling.
- Bake again at 400˚F (204˚C) for 30-45 minutes, or until the filling sets, and begins to darken. Bake time will vary depending on the size of you cones.
- Allow the cones to cool for 20 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream and pumpkin spice.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here