Red Pesto Pasta
You know you love pesto pasta, so this red bell pepper twist on your favorite sauce does not disappoint! Roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes add a deep and unexpected flavor and a beautiful color to the pasta. The best thing about this recipe is that it tastes incredible both hot and cold!
for 6 servings
- kosher salt, to taste
- 4 cups dried penne pasta (800 g)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (40 g), plus more, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (60 g), plus more for garnish
- 1 roasted bell pepper
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (50 g)
- ½ cup pine nuts (60 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 369
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the penne to the boiling water and cook for 8–10 minutes, until al dente, then drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta cooks, add the basil, garlic, Parmesan, roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and gently toss until well-coated, then transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more Parmesan and basil. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.