Red Wine Dragon Ribs
featured in Red Sauce Recipes
These tender ribs are marinated in red wine and spices, then glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce that will transport your taste buds straight to flavor town.
May 14, 2023
94% would make again
for 4 servings
- 4 lb rack of pork rib (1.8 kg), 2 racks
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup red wine (240 mL)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 250˚F (125˚C).
- Clean the ribs (remove membrane or score) and pat dry.
- Place the ribs in a foil-lined roasting pan, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add about ¼ inch (6mm) of water (about ½ cup (120 ml)) to the pan.
- Seal the top of the roasting pan with foil and bake for 2 hours or until ribs are very tender.
- Place wine, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and allspice in a saucepan.
- Simmer the sauce for at least 45 minutes and season to taste. The sauce should be rich and thick.
- Raise oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Remove ribs from roasting pan. Pour off all fat and water, and baste ribs with sauce.
- Bake an additional 20-30 minutes. (You can stop and re-baste halfway through.)
- Cut ribs and serve with additional sauce.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.