92% would make again
Roasted Cauliflower And Cauliflower Leaves
featured in Food Scraps You Didn’t Know You Could Eat
Don’t throw away your cauliflower leaves! Cauliflower leaves are a great source of calcium, iron, and beta-carotene. When roasted, they have a similar texture to cabbage or bok choy, and make a delicious addition when mixed with roasted florets!
for 4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Calories 74
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a knife, carefully cut off the leaves and core of the cauliflower. Reserve the leaves and discard the core.
- Break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Rinse the florets and the leaves.
- Cut the cauliflower leaves into thin strips.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets and leaves to a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread the florets and leaves in a single layer.
- Roast for 20–25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve the cauliflower with your favorite protein.