88% would make again
Roy’s Classic Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle
for 4 servings
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate (225 g), or dark chocolate
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ice cream, to serve
- Calories 945
- Fat 69g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 58g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chocolate, and whisk to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Pour in chocolate mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Line 4 souffle tins or 4 ceramic ramekins with parchment paper, and grease thoroughly. Divide mixture among the tins, and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.