91% would make again
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry
featured in Immunity-Boosting Foods
Let your slow cooker do the heavy lifting with this easy and flavorful coconut curry! Tender chickpeas and an array of veggies are cooked low and slow in a creamy sauce for a deliciously comforting meal.
May 05, 2023
for 10 servings
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 15 oz organic chickpeas (425 g), drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, or large, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- ¼ cup quinoa (40 g), uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes (795 g)
- 30 oz coconut milk
- cooked rice, for serving
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving, optional
- Calories 319
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the water, broccoli, chickpeas, sweet potato, onion, quinoa, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, turmeric, tamari, salt, tomatoes, and coconut milk to a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, until the sweet potatoes are tender and the curry has thickened.
- Serve the curry warm over rice. Garnish with parsley, if desired.