The Best Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This slow cooker pot roast only takes six ingredients to make thanks to a packet of onion soup mix. It gives the roast a ton of flavor without a ton of work, and no one will even know it’s there. The best part? You just dump everything into the slow cooker, walk away for a few hours, and dinner practically cooks itself. Serve it over egg noodles or rice and dinner is good to go.
for 5 servings
- 3 lb chuck roast (1.5 kg)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 oz dried onion soup mix (30 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 gold potatoes, diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- Calories 633
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 89g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the chuck roast in a 7-quart (6 ½ liters) slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the onion soup pack and top with vegetables and water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.