99% would make again
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
featured in 6 Recipes for Taco Night!
Everyone’s on a different diet nowadays, from Paleo and Whole30 to the ever-popular Keto, everyone’s got their thing. But that doesn’t mean your dining choices have to end! Our slow cooker shredded tacos are perfect for a variety of lifestyles. The best part? We even tell you how to store your leftovers so you can enjoy this whenever the craving strikes. Future You will thank you every time!
for 11 servings
- 16 oz salsa (455 g)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 lb chicken breast (1.3 kg)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 227
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro.
- Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for seven to eight hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker and stir.
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight bag for up to six months!