80% would make again
Southwestern Sweet Potato Toast
featured in Sweet Potato Toast 9 Ways
The Southwestern Sweet Potato Toast is a hearty and flavorful dish that packs a punch with its bold spices and smoky chipotle sauce. Topped with black beans, corn, avocado, and cilantro, this toast is the ultimate combination of savory and sweet.
May 05, 2023
for 1 serving
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ small avocado
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons corn salsa, for serving
- hot sauce, for serving
- Calories 370
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into slices, about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick.
- Place the slices in the toaster and set it to the maximum cook time. When it pops, flip the sweet potato slices over and toast again. Depending on the strength of your toaster and your preferences, you may need to toast once more. Remove the slices from the toaster and let cool enough to handle.
- Mash the avocado. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix until well-combined.
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly across the sweet potato toast and top with corn salsa. Drizzle with hot sauce.